THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 24, 2010

Amy Colalella Covers Miley Cyrus' "Right Here"



(This was recorded in April 2010 at Rock Mafia)

Hi everyone ! Okay, SO... For those of you that don't know, I won a contest back in January of 2010. I entered the contest in October of 2008 and it was a VERY long journey. I entered a minute long video with about 8,000 others, and then the top 50 was announced in January of 2009. From January 2009 to 2010, there was the top 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 2. For each round, the contestants had to submit different videos and the videos were voted on at mileyworld.com and mileycyrus.com. It was a GREAT experience, and I met so many great people (youtube.com/mledawn14, youtube.com/sabrinastar99, youtube.com/cheerbabe6150, youtube.com/alyviathesinger, youtube.com/ryliebrown101, youtube.com/cistar14) but it was one of the most anxious/stressful things I have ever experienced.

Anyways, there is a little about the backstory! The winner was said to receive a record deal throughout the competition, but as most of you can probably guess, Miley Cyrus is a VERY busy girl. I won the contest in January, but didn't end up going out to LA until April (which is when I recorded this song with Rock Mafia & Miley in the Rock Mafia Studio). It was a VERY unplanned weekend, but before I went I had the opportunity to pick between 6 songs: Good & Broken, Right Here, Bottom of the Ocean, See you again (All by Miley), Baby come back to me (Vanessa Hudgens), or Potential BreakUp Song (Aly & Aj). It was a tough decision.... but I landed on Right here (clearly..... tehhehe).

For me, as an "artist" and a perfectionist, I am EXTREMELY hard on myself ... Which is why I complain about a lot when I upload videos hhahaha..... So for me..... When I first heard my first official recording (this song) I cried and was SO happy, and loved it. But now ...... after so many months ....... I'm ehhhh about it. I've been doing things to improve my voice, so for me, I would do so many things differently with this song! BUT, I hope you all enjoy it anyways! This was never a "single" to say, just always a pre-release.

I have no idea what/when the next steps will be... but I am SO excited to take them. I can't thank any of you enough for all the support you've given me, and if you were there with me throughout the whole contest, I love you, so much. I honestly can't thank you enough, really. I went through SO many changes throughout the longevity of this contest and you all were there for me through it all....

YouTube has changed my life, this contest has changed my life, and YOU have changed my life.

Although I get into.... moments when I think I could have done better with this recording... or I look bad in the pictures... or I was too pale and my hair looked bad, or BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH (The "Feeling So" original song I uploaded the other day, about the insecurities .... that's where this comes from hahaha) I am SO THANKFUL. SO, so so so so SO thankful for everything that's happened in this contest. Through the tears, and the wait and the stress of it all, I wouldn't change it because I am changed because of it.

....It sounds so cliche, I know, but that is honestly the reality of it.

Anyways, THANK YOU. So much !! Thank you Miley, Jason, Alison, Tim James & Antonina Armato (Miley's Producers of Rock Mafia.... two of the NICEST people I have ever met in my entire life) !!

I am so blessed to be in this situation, and I am so thankful.

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo, Amy

PS: Miley, is SOOOOOO nice !!! She was SO welcoming for me to be there and is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met. and, also is even more beautiful in person than in pictures/on TV! (PSS, she had .... 5 inch? heels on which is why she's so much taller than me, we're actually the same height! teheheh)

0 comments: