THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 18, 2009

Miley Cyrus Comments On Bret Michaels Collab

American singer, songwriter, and actress Miley Cyrus has recorded a cover version of POISON's '80s rock ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". The track was recorded in New York and features a guest appearance by POISON singer Bret Michaels, who worked in the studio with Miley.

In a posting on her official web site, Miley writes about the collaboration, "'Every Rose' is a classic and one of my favorites.

"Bret Michaels and POISON was my very first concert and introduced me to rock and roll."

"I recently heard the song play and everyone around me starting singing along. It's a song that everyone knows and loves."

"I feel like the way the music industry is today really shelters kids and they aren't exposed to songs as honest and real as this one."

"Bret and I had a great time in the studio together just hanging out and making music. It was so surreal to have him sit down with his acoustic guitar and walk me through 'Every Rose' and then give me the opportunity to add my own flare and edge to it."

"Bret is so passionate about music and it shows."

"I think it is such a rad collaboration because it shows that two artists that seem so different on the outside can come together and organically create something that we are both proud of."

"I look forward to finishing the song in L.A. with Bret and John Shanks, who is producing."

Cyrus, 17, is best known for starring as the title character in the Disney Channel series "Hannah Montana".

Cyrus's solo music career began with the release of her debut album, "Meet Miley Cyrus", on June 23, 2007, which included her first top ten single, "See You Again". She has sold more than fourteen million albums worldwide.

Source: Roadrunnerrecords

0 comments: