THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 11, 2010

Miles To Go "Before The Before" New Chapter


Miles To Go

Before The Before

Its weird to be doing an introduction to an introduction. But since this is the first time my book will be in paperback, it seems as good a time as any to do a little refreshing.

The other day I heard someone say, Youth is wasted on the young. I dont remember who said it, or if they were older or younger or in the middle, but the line hit me and made me think. Sort of like when you see a truly beautiful sunset and think it just settles in the back of your mind, makes you wonder about all the sunsets youve seen before. I dont want my youth to be wasted. The miles are zooming by and I know that if I dont slow down, Ill miss some of the best ones. That is part of what I loved so much about working on this book. Like I said, Miles To Go is one of those stopping points. Where I take a step back, take a breath, and count my blessings.

And yes, I have so much to be thankful for.

7 THINGS IVE DONE SINCE THIS BOOK CAME OUT:

1.Made a new c.d.

2.Made a new movie.

3.Hung out with friends and family.

4.Recorded a song with an old friend.

5.Saw Hannah Montana get to the big screen!

6.Got a goat! (Thanks Daddy!)

7.Became addicted to Twitter! (And then deleted it!)


I told you Im way into sunsets right now, and that is mostly because of Tybee Island, Georgia. Its where we filmed The Last Song. The movie is based on a Nicholas Sparks book and Veronica Ronnie Miller, the character I play, could not be any more different from Hannah Montana. I loved the challenge. The movie was magic. But so is Tybee Island. Im pretty sure the island actually has some kind of magic calming ability. From the moment I got there, I was so happy. Id sit on the deck of the house we rented with my mom and drink tea and just look out at the water. I loved playing guitar out on that deck, watching the dolphins and just getting back to me. I hated to leave. When I did, I cried for days straight. My mom kept telling me that I was lucky, because I had had the chance to experience something magical and amazing that would live on in the movie and in the friendships I made. It took a while, but the I came around, and now I know what she said is true.

I wouldnt have figured that all out, though, if I hadnt stopped to let the emotions soak in. Im trying hard to keep these memories close to my heart. I want to be able to pull them out on a rainy day, just like I can pull this book out years from now and remember. Like I said, I dont want my youth wasted and I dont want it forgotten.

Of course, there are some things I would LIKE to forget. Who doesnt have a moment they would like to erase? I dont mean to complain and Im not trying to play the sympathy card-but when you are in the spotlight, people like to make sure you never forget the bad moments. There are a lot of haters out there. Dad always tells me I need to grow thick skin and not care what people say, but its pretty hard. I like to say whats on my mind. I like to do what I want to do. Its all part of being a kid, and my parents and friends want me to be a kid as much as I can. But sometimes people like to say hurtful things. Tell me Im pretending to be deep. And I guess maybe I am growing a thicker skin, because Im starting to realize that I cant please everyone. Im lucky to have the opportunities I have. I thank god every day for them.

Now I have another one of those markers to plant. This is at a new point in my life, and things are totally changing. But like the sunsets I saw on Tybee Island, the miles Ive already gone by are going to stay with me.

source: epicgossip.webs.com

0 comments: