THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 25, 2009

Miley Cyrus Wants A Little Respect


For one of the most famous girls in the world, making the smallest mistake becomes breaking news. In an interview with the AP, teen queen Miley Cyrus admitted that she's made her fair share of missteps, but wishes the public would have a little more respect for her privacy.

"I think everything I do is exaggerated a lot," 16-year-old Miley said. "I think that no matter what, I think it is all about respect. People forget that when you are in the public eye, people forget you still have to respect people and you still have to (respect) their privacy."

Much of the criticism over Miley's choices is directed at her parents, especially dad Billy Ray Cyrus. Miley would like people to "trust the fact that my parents are raising me just like everyone else is raising their kids," she said. "They are doing it the way they want to. It is not for the media or for any one else to judge how they should or should not raise me."

Miley also opened up about her departure from 'Hannah Montana.' Her upcoming tour is missing the blond alter-ego, and in the film 'The Last Song' Miley plays a rebellious teen who, except for a love of music, has little in common with wholesome Hannah.

"I love doing 'Hannah Montana,' but I want to continue doing things that are a little bit more darker roles," she said. "That is kind of who I am and where I find most of my inspiration in movies like that."

Of the rumors that she may retire the 'Hannah Montana' character altogether, Miley joked, "I thought about retiring when I was like 15. Just kidding. I would have retired like twelve years ago."

At this point there are no plans to retire Hannah. Not as long as Miley's having fun. "My dad always says, 'If you ain't having fun, it ain't working.' And so when I stop having fun, I'll just quit everything altogether," she said. "But, I'm having fun. ... I think I will forever do that, if I have the people that I'm around still around me. They make me happy, and the people that I work with I really love. ... I will be able to tour the rest of my life if I am having fun."

Source : Pop Eater

0 comments: